So that started my wheels turning. I mentioned it to J last night and he actually agreed which shocked the crap outta me. He has been somewhat anti-IVF. He's said before that if injectables don't work, he doesn't see us spending 10K on IVF. Buuuuuttt......our doctor gives a discount for those who pay OOP. A 25% discount. And we were expecting $3500 per injectable cycle...it was only $2500. So I decided to call and get a cost chart for IVF, just to see.
Here's how it pans out:
- Injection conference: 82.50
- Baseline u/s: 106.75
- Follicle u/s (3 expected): 213.75
- Estradiol b/w (4 draws): 300
- Progesterone b/w (3 draws): 202.50
- Venipuncture (4): 60
- Egg Retrieval: $1400
- Tranfer: $650
- For a total of: $3017.50
This obviously doesn't include drugs (which I realize could double-or more-this amount. So I have some questions for you, please play along if you are currently or have ever done IVF!
- What was the cost of your IVF meds and what meds did you get?
- How many injectable cycles did you try before moving to IVF?
- Did you pay OOP or did you have coverage of some sort?
THANKS SO MUCH for any insight. I'm really considering this and would obviously have to discuss with my RE. But I think he might go for it. Or maybe he'll say one more try of injectables. That would be okay with me. But from there, we could take about 6 months off and not have to pull anything from savings to pay everything in full. That would be amazing!! But I need to be brought back down to reality if the drugs are actually like 6K or something crazy like that. (Which very well could be...I have done zero research on this...)