- I'm Christina. J is Josh. We've been married for almost 3 years. Here's a pic on our wedding day (heehee):
- Like I said, we've been married for almost 3 years (Sept.). That's great, but what's not so great is that we've been TTC for essentially every minute of those (almost) 3 years. Suck.
- I have PCOS. We've done hundreds (okay, maybe not quite, but it seemed like it) of rounds of Clomid, 5 IUIs, 2 HSGs, 1 Hysteroscopy & Lap Surgery, 2 rounds with Femara, 3 Injectables Cycles, Acupuncture/Chinese Medicine, and, well...anything else you can possibly imagine. BUT!!!
- We fired our RE earlier this year. We went to a new guy (the #1 IVF doc in the state!) last month who pretty much said that everything old RE was doing was a huge waste of time. (Fabulous!) So he suggested 3 months of a very strict, low amylose diet (which I have written about here and here if you're interested), along with Glumetz.a. This will do 2 things. First, it will regulate my hormones and he believes that every patient with PCOS has some level of insulin resistance, so it will help with that, too. Second, it will help me to lose weight which is VERY difficult for me to do! In the first 3 weeks, I had lost 11 pounds and now about a month and a half in, I'm at 15 lbs. lost. (Note: I have been cheaty mccheaterton basically the entire month of July...horrible!, so that's why the loss hasn't kept going. The good news is that it's stayed off and I'm back on the saddle and hoping for another 15 by Sept. when we go back.)
- Speaking of that, we'll go back in September (if we're not miraculously pg by then) and will do 1 more cycle of injectables (I believe) before making our way to IVF. Let's hope it doesn't take that!!
- Okay...onto other things. We have 2 pups.
Kow.e and Luke. (Not sure why K's pic is so much bigger, but I assure you, it's very much like her to butt in and get all the attention.)Aren't they cute?
- I have the best job on the planet. I raise money for Purdu.e Univer.sity, which allows me to travel all over the country, meeting outstanding people and seeing amazing things. I went to PU and am proud to be a B.oilermaker!! Great timing, too, as yesterday we celebrated the anniversary of P.urdue's own N.eil Armst.rong walking on the moon! It was a great day to be a B.oiler!
- I read. I shop. I eat J's cooking. I listen to Dave Matth.ews, Jack Johns.on, OAR. Or KLOVE. I love reality TV (Tori! Denise! Kendra! The Little Couple! Love them all!! Except the hypocritical G.osselin's.)
- We are pretty passionate about the environment. We recycle (obvs...who doesn't these days?), we compost, we have a big garden in the backyard, we shop locally whenever possible, I drive a hybrid car (Fiona...b/c she's "green" with little ears!), we only use reusable shopping bags, we plan on CD'ing. It's just one of our things...and it's much easier than I ever expected!
- We're getting ready to go on a cruise (24 days!!). We have an IVF fund set up and I have convinced J that if we don't have to go to IVF, we can spend that money on a European Babymoon.
Well...I think that's longwinded enough for one day! Welcome, make yourself at home and stay a while! Happy iclw'ing!